Wednesday, September 30, 2015

IBM Magazine Presents iTalk with Tuohy: Jim Kandrac on Security, Backup and Success

In this sponsored content series, iTalk Business with Tuohy, Paul Tuohy talks with Jim Kandrac of United Computer Group about security, backup and his definition of success.


Here's a little taste of what you can expect in this informative and entertaining excerpt from their interview:

Paul Tuohy: This is something that we were chatting the other day, Jim, that you told me and it was your definition of success, which I thought was excellent, so would you share that with people please?

Jim Kandrac:  It was actually two definitions of success. One is you’ve gotta know who the boss is. You know I am the boss at work, but when I go home, I am not the boss. When I go home, I walk in the door and say honey, I am sorry. You are right. I am wrong, then I take off my pants and I put the skirt on. That is how I achieved 30 years of successful marriage with my wife Pamela, so that is the number one rule of success.

The other thing that I have always wanted and have achieved is my nice little corner office with my own private little washroom or as you would call it, a loo or whatever you call it. A water closet? It is for me and me only and that means more to me than having a Bentley in the driveway or whatever it might be, so that is it. A successful marriage and having my own bathroom in my office.

Want more? Listen to full podcast and read narrative!

Download White Paper: Five Key Questions for Assessing Backup & Recovery Solutions

About Paul Tuohy

Paul Tuohy has specialized in application development and training on IBM midrange systems for more than 20 years. He currently runs ComCon consultancy and is a partner in System i Developer and the RPG & DB2 Summit. He is also a frequent contributor to IBM i publications, the author of two books on re-engineering legacy RPG applications and iSeries Navigator, and an award-winning speaker at events around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment