Thursday, May 28, 2009

2009 Hurricane Season

70% Chance of having 9 to 14 named storms this 2009 season. Four to 7 of the storms they say could become hurricanes, including 1 to 3 major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5). The forecast also cited a 50 percent probability of a near-normal season, a 25 percent probability of an above-normal season and a 25 percent probability of a below-normal season.
For those of you in hurricane paths it would be a good time to consider your off-site backup solution.